People are cutting back from outsourced services and opting to do things themselves, like cleaning the house, walking the dog, making their own coffee, cutting their hair, or packing their lunch. Those who do say it saves money and gives a feeling of self-reliance. What have you started doing yourself lately that you used to pay people to do?
Newly Frugal Cut Back On Outsourced Services
By Ben Popken January 21, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Cruise Ship Passengers Helping Themselves To Free Coffee & Donuts At Homeless Shelter
- Walmart Urging Customers To “Cut The Cable” With Promo
- Does Venmo Hold Moochers Accountable, Or Let Cheapskates Show Their True Colors?
- Customer Says Car Wash Worker Wrote “B*tch Is Crazy” On Her Receipt
- Private Healthcare Providers Are Making Big Bucks Contracting With Prisons