As an aside, WaMu’s charter was under the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS). Chase’s bank regulator is the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Whether being a Chase customer was your choice or not, if you ever have a major complaint about Chase regarding what you feel is on the bank’s part malfeasance, you’ll want to send it to the OCC.
WaMu Customers, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Is Your New Regulator
By Ben Popken September 26, 2008
- putting the f in foreclosure JPMorgan Chase Fined $48 Million For Failing To Comply With Robosigning Settlement
- paying up again Wells Fargo On The Hook For $24.5M Over Servicemember Abuses
- banks behaving badly Wells Fargo’s High-Pressure Sales Strategy Probed By Federal Regulators
- settling up Wells Fargo On The Hook For $185 Million For Opening Unauthorized Accounts
- taking a deeper look Feds Investigating Wells Fargo After Employees Open 2 Million Fake Accounts