As an aside, WaMu’s charter was under the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS). Chase’s bank regulator is the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Whether being a Chase customer was your choice or not, if you ever have a major complaint about Chase regarding what you feel is on the bank’s part malfeasance, you’ll want to send it to the OCC.
WaMu Customers, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Is Your New Regulator
By Ben Popken September 26, 2008
- alphabet soup The Consumerist 101 Guide To Understanding Your Financial Regulators
- on second thought Amid Fake Account Fiasco, Wells Fargo Must Now Get Permission to Hire Or Fire Executives
- Not Meeting Obligations Four Years After Reaching Deal With Regulators, Six Banks Still Haven’t Fixed Foreclosure Problems
- putting the f in foreclosure JPMorgan Chase Fined $48 Million For Failing To Comply With Robosigning Settlement
- Payin' The Fines Bank Of America Must Pay $30M For Military Relief Law Violations