The Times brings us the sad story of Brandy McDowell and Kezia Chandler, two longtime friends whose relationship was shattered when they signed up with rival cellphone companies. The prospect of free mobile-to-mobile minutes has baited many friends groups to sign up or stick with the same carrier, ruining some friendships in the process. The Times article is rife with accounts of people who lost contact with friends banished to wilderness of nights and weekends. Are you loyal to your friends or your wallet? Tell us in our poll, after the jump.
Do You Shun Friends With Other Cellphone Carriers?
By consumeristcarey August 9, 2007
- hello my name is... Guy Who Legally Changed His Name To “Bacon Double Cheeseburger” Has No Regrets
- untalkative Don’t Like Talking? Save Money By Ditching Voice Service For Your T-Mobile Smartphone
- Easier to split the check? Apple Reportedly Exploring Person-To-Person Payment System
- a helping hand Major Wireless Carriers Offering Free Calls, Texts To Turkey After Istanbul Airport Attack
- iJackpot Are Mobile Phone Apps To Play State Lotteries Actually Legal?