The Times brings us the sad story of Brandy McDowell and Kezia Chandler, two longtime friends whose relationship was shattered when they signed up with rival cellphone companies. The prospect of free mobile-to-mobile minutes has baited many friends groups to sign up or stick with the same carrier, ruining some friendships in the process. The Times article is rife with accounts of people who lost contact with friends banished to wilderness of nights and weekends. Are you loyal to your friends or your wallet? Tell us in our poll, after the jump.
Do You Shun Friends With Other Cellphone Carriers?
By consumeristcarey August 9, 2007
- giving the gift of caffeine We Should All Be So Lucky To Have A Friend Who’ll Buy You A Coffee From Thousands Of Miles Away
- unlock this Congress Finally Passes Bill To Re-Legalize Cellphone Unlocking
- BFFs 4 eva Let’s Be Best Consumerist Newsletter Friends And Braid Hair, Watch Movies
- family bonding 24+ Hours Of Thanksgiving Movies & TV You Can Stream Instead Of Talking To Your Family
- achievement unlocked This Weekend, You Can Once Again Unlock Your Own Cellphone Without Committing A Crime