The Maryland woman tells The Frederick News-Post that she went to Sonic with her two kids, ages 6 and 8, and after passing out their food, she reached into her own bag and found a tiny plastic bag of what looked like marijuana.
“I just kind of sat there in my car in shock,” she said. “I kept thinking, what if my kids had eaten it?”
She got in touch with Sonic and called the police, and says the manager also called the cops as well. An employee reportedly took responsibility for the bag, saying it could’ve slipped out of her apron. That worker was then fired.
“As this time, we believe that concludes the issue,” the franchise operator said.
The customer says her meal was remade for free, and that management was apologetic about the pot.
“I definitely can’t say that they didn’t go out of their way,” she added. “I honestly think they were more in shock than I was.”
In bag of fast food, a surprise: Marijuana [The Frederick News-Post]