Nomadic Matt is essentially a professional world traveler, having quit his job in 2006 to pursue his love of trekking all around the globe. He shares his tips and the pricematching steps he takes before he books any ticket.
1. Check Kayak and Travelocity to get your base price
2. Cross-reference with Skyscanner, Momondo or Mobissimo
3. After finding the lowest price, see if the airline’s official website beats it
4. Check the airline’s foreign website to see if the fare is cheaper in another currency
5. Compare results against alternate routes
6. After getting your lowest fares, play around with your travel dates to see if you can get it any lower
Using this method, Matt saved $200 on a flight from JFK to London.
THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL HACKING GUIDE [Nomadic Matt]