Expect some much-needed relief at the pump! The US and its industrial allies unexpectedly announced that they’re releasing 60 million barrels of crude oil from reserves over the next 30 days. The move came after a recent OPEC meeting failed to result in increased production. Oil prices immediately kicked down 4.5% on the news. Time to fill up the ‘ol SUV and do some donuts before the market realizes it overreacted and prices go back up!
Oil Prices Drop 4.5% As 60M Barrels Are Unexpectedly Released
By Ben Popken June 23, 2011
- fill'er up Feds Creating Gasoline Reserve To Prepare Against Future Shortages After Storms
- it's really happening You Can Buy Gas For Under $2 Per Gallon In At Least 12 States Right Now
- how low can you go? Price War: Several Michigan Gas Stations Sold Gas For Under $1/Gallon
- peak oil Americans’ Gas-Guzzling Habit Will Peak In 2018
- smuggling for fun and profit This Taxi Driver’s Business Secret: Bootleg Venezuelan Gas