Expect some much-needed relief at the pump! The US and its industrial allies unexpectedly announced that they’re releasing 60 million barrels of crude oil from reserves over the next 30 days. The move came after a recent OPEC meeting failed to result in increased production. Oil prices immediately kicked down 4.5% on the news. Time to fill up the ‘ol SUV and do some donuts before the market realizes it overreacted and prices go back up!
Oil Prices Drop 4.5% As 60M Barrels Are Unexpectedly Released
By Ben Popken June 23, 2011
- how low can you go? Price War: Several Michigan Gas Stations Sold Gas For Under $1/Gallon
- 'tis the season AAA: Gas Could Fall Below $2 Per Gallon Nationwide Just In Time For Christmas
- up up and away American Airlines CEO: Carrier Consolidation Means The Industry “Won’t See Losses Again”
- trying to play the field Report: Struggling Neiman Marcus Sniffing Around For A Buyer
- "billion" with a capital bp BP Must Pay $20.8 Billion In Finalized Settlement With Feds, Five States For 2010 Gulf Disaster