This is Garfield’s version of heaven, it’s New York restaurant Del Posto’s 100-layer lasagna. 50 sheets of pasta with 50 layers of sauce, the gastronomical version of Proust’s In Search of Lost Time requires three kitchen stations, and is served with a unique spatula. To try it you’ll have to order their $500 Collezione grand tasting menu, but then the chef comes and carves it at your table. Yes, carves the lasagna. After all, if we’re going to have an obesity epidemic, the least we can do is inject a little spectacle and creativity. (See the monstrosity for real here)
The 100-Layer Lasagna
By Ben Popken May 19, 2010
- the more you know Some Menu Items Aren’t All They Appear To Be
- Gettin' Fancy McDonald’s Offering Table Service, New Menu At California Restaurants
- make it yourself Cold Brew Craze Continues: Starbucks Selling Pitcher Packs To Make It At Home
- adventures in espresso Secret Menu Adventure: Consumerist Tries To Order An ‘Undertow’ At Starbucks
- meals at your door So Many “Meal Box” Options, But Are They Any Different From Each Other?