Now you can own a piece of the twinkly and storied history of the (bankrupt) Tavern on the Green by jumping in on the auction action. To appease a gala ballroom’s worth of rapacious creditors, everything must go! Lot 598: Etched Glass Mirror of Lady Riding a Lion (starting bid: $2000). Lot 617: Four Sets of Six Mother of Pearl Caviar Spoons (starting bid: $100). Maybe buy some place settings and a few choice pieces and recreate your own Tavern on the Green in your breakfast nook?
Tavern On The Green Auctioning Off Ladies Riding Tigers And Other Crazy Stuff
By Ben Popken January 12, 2010
- auctions Live Auctions On eBay Will Begin This Week
- do i hear a bajillion dollars? Ebay & Sotheby’s Announce New Online Marketplace For Art, Antiques & Collectibles
- Too Little Too Late? Detroit Selling Foreclosed Homes For $1,000 In City’s Latest Attempt To Rebuild
- one stop shopping Bidding For World’s Largest Video Game Collection Passes $90K
- did i do that? Woman Wants To Back Out Of Buying House Saddled With $400K Debt, Blaming Winning Bid On Diet Pills