Now you can own a piece of the twinkly and storied history of the (bankrupt) Tavern on the Green by jumping in on the auction action. To appease a gala ballroom’s worth of rapacious creditors, everything must go! Lot 598: Etched Glass Mirror of Lady Riding a Lion (starting bid: $2000). Lot 617: Four Sets of Six Mother of Pearl Caviar Spoons (starting bid: $100). Maybe buy some place settings and a few choice pieces and recreate your own Tavern on the Green in your breakfast nook?
Tavern On The Green Auctioning Off Ladies Riding Tigers And Other Crazy Stuff
By Ben Popken January 12, 2010
- he looks like a deranged Easter Bunny Bidding Opens Tomorrow For A Chance To Stay In The Cleveland House From ‘A Christmas Story’
- because that's where the money is Does Comcast Want To Be Your Mobile Phone Carrier? (Probably, Yeah)
- Extending The Deadline Yahoo Extends Auction For Its Core Internet Business Another Week
- making a comeback Bankrupt Aeropostale In Talks To Sell Company & Keep Brand Alive
- consumerist field at mile high stadium Sports Authority Taking Bids For Broncos Stadium Naming Rights Again