Sure, LEDs are a great new energy-saving technology. The problem is, they’re no match for a Midwestern winter. That’s what the town of West Bend, Wis. learned when they installed LED traffic signals. LEDs don’t generate heat, which is normally a selling point. It’s not so appealing when you’re trying to keep traffic signals snow-free, and the ostensibly green move has caused at least one accident.
Power-Saving LED Traffic Lights Can't Melt Snow, Cause Accident
- it's the final countdown New Audi Technology Will Tell Drivers Exactly When The Light Will Change
- Cars that shouldn't be autonomous Maserati Recalls 28,000 Cars Because Floor Mats Shouldn’t Drive Your Vehicle
- Another Day Another Recall Hyundai Recalls 84K Genesis Vehicles Over Airbag Issues
- why aren't we moving? Mitsubishi Recalls 80K Vehicles Over Acceleration Issues
- crunch DMV Report: Google Self-Driving Car Hit City Bus While Changing Lanes