Sure, LEDs are a great new energy-saving technology. The problem is, they’re no match for a Midwestern winter. That’s what the town of West Bend, Wis. learned when they installed LED traffic signals. LEDs don’t generate heat, which is normally a selling point. It’s not so appealing when you’re trying to keep traffic signals snow-free, and the ostensibly green move has caused at least one accident.
Power-Saving LED Traffic Lights Can't Melt Snow, Cause Accident
- it's the final countdown New Audi Technology Will Tell Drivers Exactly When The Light Will Change
- ready set go Audi Launches Red Light-Sensing Car Technology In Las Vegas
- whiplash Google’s Self-Driving Car Involved In Collision Resulting In Injuries For First Time
- Another Day Four More Recalls Ford Issues Four Recalls Covering Nearly 600,000 Vehicles
- Gettin' To the Bottom Of It Regulators Investigating Honda, Nissan For Loss Of Power Steering Issues