Lynne writes, “Citizens Bank is now charging customers an annual overdraft protection fee. This is a charge for linking your savings account to your checking account. Customers can be removed from the program and can get the fee back.” We don’t know when this started—they just say there might be fees involved and call for details on their website—but if you’re a customer of the bank you might want to make sure you haven’t been enrolled without knowing it.
Citizens Bank Now Charging An Overdraft Protection Fee
By cwalters September 24, 2009
- Changing Policies Chase Customers Can No Longer Use Credit Cards As Backup Funding For Overdrafts
- Overdraft Gotchas CFPB Report: Typical Overdraft Situation Is Comparable To Small-Dollar Loan With 17,000% Interest Rate
- that's a lot of revenue Banks Turned Account Overdraft Fees Into $11.16B In Revenue Last Year
- Can't Opt-Out Of Fines CFPB Fines Regions Bank $7.5M For Collecting Illegal Overdraft Fees
- time for a change? Banks Making $17B A Year From Fees For Overdrafts & Insufficient Funds