The End of .99 Pricing? Some British stores are dropping .99 pricing and rounding up to an even pound because “consumers are no longer fooled” by the slightly price and may actually appreciate the honesty of a “round pound.” We’ll see if retailers in America test this out for themselves. [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick September 2, 2009
- buy by the ounce Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Costco Agree To Finally Put Unit Pricing Online
- if it ain't broke don't price-fix it Apple’s Appeal Of E-Book Price-Fixing Verdict May Hinge On Court’s View Of Amazon
- always on sale Is Amazon Removing List Prices From Product Pages?
- store error not in your favor Customers Complain When Walmart Won’t Honor Pricing Error That Listed 70″ TV For $99
- surprise AT&T Ends Snooping Program, Stops Charging Internet Users Extra For Privacy