The End of .99 Pricing? Some British stores are dropping .99 pricing and rounding up to an even pound because “consumers are no longer fooled” by the slightly price and may actually appreciate the honesty of a “round pound.” We’ll see if retailers in America test this out for themselves. [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick September 2, 2009
- buy by the ounce Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Costco Agree To Finally Put Unit Pricing Online
- consumer history class Price Tags Might Be A Strange 150-Year Anomaly In The History Of Commerce
- if it ain't broke don't price-fix it Apple’s Appeal Of E-Book Price-Fixing Verdict May Hinge On Court’s View Of Amazon
- always on sale Is Amazon Removing List Prices From Product Pages?
- reverse verizon math 99 Cents Only Stores Actually Charge 99.99 Cents For All Items