The End of .99 Pricing? Some British stores are dropping .99 pricing and rounding up to an even pound because “consumers are no longer fooled” by the slightly price and may actually appreciate the honesty of a “round pound.” We’ll see if retailers in America test this out for themselves. [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick September 2, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Is Amazon Removing List Prices From Product Pages?
- What Should I Do If The Prepackaged Produce At The Store Is Priced Incorrectly?
- Walmart Brings In Other Brands, Challenges Longtime Partnership With Procter & Gamble
- 90,000 Pounds Of Johnsonville Grillers Recalled Because Pieces Of Metal In Your Pork Can Ruin The Barbecue
- Lexus Will Experiment With No-Haggle Car Pricing