Is it safe to buy meat when the “sell by” date is about to expire? How safe is it to buy beef or fish at a reduced price because the “sell by” date is about to expire? What are signs of bad steak? Does browning around the edges indicate it’s spoiled? [CR]
- just a number? USDA Asks Meat, Dairy Companies To Replace Confusing Expiration & Sell-By Labels With “Best If Used By” Date
- food safety How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- Expiration Daze New Legislation Tries To Clear Up Confusion Over “Sell By,” “Best By” & Other Expiration Dates
- operation meat locker National Epidemic Of People Shoving Meat Down Pants Is Not Close To Stopping
- beef beefs Appeals Court: Insurance Doesn’t Have To Pay For 2008 Burrito Recall