Is it safe to buy meat when the “sell by” date is about to expire? How safe is it to buy beef or fish at a reduced price because the “sell by” date is about to expire? What are signs of bad steak? Does browning around the edges indicate it’s spoiled? [CR]
More From Consumerist
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- New Legislation Tries To Clear Up Confusion Over “Sell By,” “Best By” & Other Expiration Dates
- National Epidemic Of People Shoving Meat Down Pants Is Not Close To Stopping
- Tests Find Drug-Resistant Bacteria In 18% Of Conventionally Raised Ground Beef
- Hipster Dad Version Of Hamburglar Fails To Sell McDonald’s Sirloin Burgers