A grocery growth ray is set to hit a popular condiment and several kinds of baked corn with names ending “tos.” To push the brands as being good values, Heinz will be selling slightly larger ketchup bottles, and Frito-Lay is adding 20% to Tostitos, Fritos, Cheetos and Doritos – without raising the price. Unlike the grocery shrink ray, you can bet this change will be loudly trumpeted on the package.
Grocery Growth Ray To Hit Ketchup, Chips
By Ben Popken February 24, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Mustard Shrink Ray Squeezes Out An Ounce From Redesigned Bottle
- Rare Grocery Growth Ray Sighting At Costco: Detergent Grows By 10 Pods
- 2 Ounces Quietly Shrink Rayed From Economy-Size Bottles Of Shout
- Charmin Shaves A Fraction Of An Inch Off Wet Wipes For Adults
- Are Cheetos The New Doritos At Taco Bell?