A Consumerist reader and property manager in Virginia posted a notice for a part-time evening receptionist, and in response to the 12-hour a week job, she got 3520 emails. Roberta writes, “The attached picture was my email in-box this morning, with 0 spam emails and 0 non-Craigslist emails. 3520 (and climbing as we speak)…” Perhaps this can become a new metric to gauge how bad the employment situation is, how many resumes a 12-hour receptionist-job posting on Craigslist receives in a 24-hour period.
This Is How Bad It Is: Part-Time Receptionist Help Wanted Gets 3520 Resumes In Under 24 Hours
By Ben Popken January 29, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Care.com Can’t Explain Why People Keep Texting Me To Babysit Their Kids
- After 25 Years, Chicago Landlords Continue Rampant Illegal Discrimination Against Section 8 Vouchers
- Massive IKEA Dresser Recall Means Long Phone Queues, Illegal Resales Online
- Why Was My Netflix Account Commandeered From Ecuador?
- InterContinental Hotels Surprises Loyalty Members With Customer Care Number Connecting To Adult Chat Line