A Consumerist reader and property manager in Virginia posted a notice for a part-time evening receptionist, and in response to the 12-hour a week job, she got 3520 emails. Roberta writes, “The attached picture was my email in-box this morning, with 0 spam emails and 0 non-Craigslist emails. 3520 (and climbing as we speak)…” Perhaps this can become a new metric to gauge how bad the employment situation is, how many resumes a 12-hour receptionist-job posting on Craigslist receives in a 24-hour period.
This Is How Bad It Is: Part-Time Receptionist Help Wanted Gets 3520 Resumes In Under 24 Hours
By Ben Popken January 29, 2009
- It's Not Just About Money Instacart Shoppers Say Getting Rid Of Tips Will Ultimately Hurt Customers
- fitbit force There’s A Potentially Itchy Black Market For The Recalled Fitbit Force
- wrong number Care.com Can’t Explain Why People Keep Texting Me To Babysit Their Kids
- walking hazards Madewell Recalls 50,900 Pairs Of Shoes That Could Cause Wearers To Trip And Fall
- from the desk of catelyn stark Resume-Writing Service Copies Cover Letter From Website, Accuses Site Of Copying