You can’t cancel your annual membership agreement with Hasbro’s “D&D Insider”—at least not easily, and not at all for some frustrated users. Company admins keep giving out ridiculous instructions on the user forums, but those posts are followed by customers saying all they get are error messages, no matter what browser/OS combo they try. To make matters worse, their customer service department was closed over the holidays, so nobody was answering the phone numbers they listed. This is the kind of runaround we expect from scammers like the Acai resellers, not a national toy company.
Hasbro Casts Spell Of Greater Invisibility Over D&D Cancellation Page
By cwalters January 10, 2009
- no love here Costco Citi Card Users Receive Cancellation Notices, Are Very Confused
- we know what you're reading Mattel, Viacom, Hasbro Accused Of Tracking Kids’ Online Behavior
- no refunds here Be Careful When You Cancel Your Spirit “$9 Fare Club” Membership
- license to steal Groups Call On AmEx, Chase, Citi, Toyota, Others To Stop Forcing Customers To Sign Away Their Legal Rights
- don't eat that Soylent Stops Sales Of Nutritional “Food Bars” After Customers Report Becoming Violently Ill