If you’re looking to refinance a home and have cash and good credit, now is a good time to pull the trigger. Yesterday the government announced the latest Federal golden bandaid: a pledge to inject $800 billion directly into the credit markets, news which pushed national average mortgage rates for a 30 year fixed to 5.81%, down from 6.07%, according to bankrate. Bankrate also suggest that if you’re trying to refi to act quickly, before rates rise or home values drop.
ReFi Time: Mortgage Rates Drop On New $800 Billion Intervention
By Ben Popken November 26, 2008
- a new set of issues Airbnb Hosts Having Difficulty Refinancing Homes
- Giving You Options Bank Allows Federal Student Loan Borrowers To Refinance At Lower Rates, Convert To Private Loans
- the times they are a-changing Medical Debt Still Stinks, But New Credit Score Change Will Make It Hurt Your Life Less
- Helpful in the long run? More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- Shop Shop Shop Around Many Homebuyers Spend More Time Shopping For A TV Than Looking For The Right Mortgage