As quietly as it came, the $10 “web convenience fee” Spirit levied for the favor they were doing you by letting you book online, has gone. The fee no longer appears in Spirit Airlines’ contract of carriage. A small victory for common sense, though they’ll probably just figure out a way to make it up somewhere else. How about $5 fee for takeoffs and landings?
Spirit Airlines Drops $10 Fee For Ordering Tickets Online
By Ben Popken August 2, 2008
- No Holiday Cheer Here Airlines Once Again Introducing Baggage Surcharges For Holiday Travelers
- giving 'em a break Spirit Airlines Drops Some Baggage Fees For Active Duty Military Personnel
- snip snip Which Airlines Charge A Fee To Buy Tickets Over The Phone Or At The Airport?
- tell it to someone who cares Are Airlines Deliberately Making It Too Difficult To File Complaints?
- Stop The Fees Lawmaker Urges Airlines To Drop Holiday Baggage Surcharges