If you have an open home equity line of credit you were counting on for renovations or other projects, you might want to read CNN Money’s article about how lenders are freezing them around the country. The main triggers for HELOC freezing are credit score changes and a rapid drop in home value in your area. The freeze may also be a computer-determined action, so if your HELOC suddenly goes away and you don’t think it was justified, it may be worth checking your FICO score and then contacting the lender to reopen the line or renegotiate it.
Is Your HELOC In Danger Of Being Frozen?
By cwalters April 22, 2008
- making the switch Will Costco’s Switch From American Express To Visa Affect My Credit?
- sports authority bankruptcy Sports Authority Almost Had To Shut Down Liquidating Stores, Still Pays Millions In Bonuses
- fico ain't nothing but a number Would You Break Up With Someone For Having A Bad Credit Score?
- the social crystal ball Facebook Is Not The Great Predictor Of Creditworthiness It Was Hoped To Be
- home sales Some Banks Offering Tech Employees Mortgages With No Down Payment