Y’all really don’t have good feelings about the economy, according to the Consumer Confidence Index which dropped to 75 this month from 87.3 in January. That’s the lowest it’s been since the 64.8 of Feb ’03, just before the US invaded Iraq. Furthemore, the “expectations for th next six months index” dropped to 57.9 from 69.3 in January. It might be a good time to start eating less so your stomach shrinks in preparation for the lean times.
Consumer Confidence Plunges
By consumerist.com February 26, 2008
More From Consumerist
- The Bacon Cheeseburger Index, And 6 Other Odd Economic Indicators
- Report: 858 Robocalls Placed Every Second, Most Of Them From Debt Collectors
- Best Buy Defies Everyone’s Expectations, Is Mysteriously Not Dead
- Does Southwest’s “Bags Fly Free” Policy Hurt On-Time Performance?
- 17 Commercial Failures From Brands With Spectacularly Bad Ideas