While today is mostly about honoring 200,000 or so Americans out there, as the chances of having Feb. 29 as a birthday are one in 1,461, there are a few places offering deals to everyone else as well.
Deals for Leaplings and Leapers
1. Pizza Hut: Anyone who visits a participating Pizza Hut restaurant on Feb. 29 and shows a government-issued photo ID to prove they were born on Leap Day will receive a free, one-topping Personal Pan Pizza for carryout.
2. Hard Rock Cafe: Celebrate being a quarter of your actual age with a free entree from the Hard Rock Cafe’s “Leaplings Eat Free” menu today, by showing a valid photo ID at participating locations.
3. McAlister’s Deli: Guests with a Feb. 29 birthday will get a free cookie at all restaurants nationwide, no purchase necessary.
4. Olive Garden: Free dessert for Leap Day babies is on the menu, by way of the chain’s Dolcini menu item.
5. Great American Cookies: All locations will give Leaplings a free cookie cake to help them celebrate if you’ve got a valid photo ID to prove your specialness.
6. Houlihan’s: All Leapers get a free entree today, as well as 28 additional free entrees — one per visit — over the next 30 days. Yes, that’s 29 free meals. Photo ID required.
Deals for everyone
1. Caribou Coffee: All customers can get in on the Leap Day discount action with a buy one beverage, get one beverage for $0.29 deal at Caribou. The offer is good for any drink on the menu, and only valid today.
2. Krispy Kreme: If you need doughnuts to go with that coffee, Krispy Kreme is selling a dozen signature Original Glazed doughnuts for $2.29 with the purchase of another dozen at regular price.
3. Hungry Howie’s Pizza: The chain is offering a large round, one-topping pizza for $0.29 when you buy a large round one or more topping pizza. The deal will be available from 2/29/16 to 3/1/16 at participating locations, excluding Alabama and Florida.
4. Tropical Smoothie Café: Loyalty members can get any 24 oz. Classic Smoothie for $2.29.
5. Dog Haus: Get a free patty upgrade from a single to a double on all burgers on Feb. 29.
Was this helpful? We’re a non-profit! You can get more stories like this in our twice weekly ad-free newsletter! Click here to sign up.