Happy birthday, iTunes Store! The music-buying platform, which later expanded to sell videos, mobile applications, and books, opened on April 28, 2003. Yahoo commissioned folk singer-songwriter Mike Doughty to write the service a little birthday song, which describes the key iTunes experience of downloading entire discographies in the wee hours of the morning while drunk. The song is not available via iTunes. [Yahoo Music] (Thanks, Angelos!)
Mike Doughty Writes A 10th Birthday Song For iTunes Music Store
- it's all in the cloud Apple Increases iTunes Match, Apple Music iCloud Storage Limit To 100,000 Tracks
- freebies no more Has Apple Ended The Free iTunes Single Of The Week?
- apple iTunes And App Stores Down Worldwide, Other Apple Sites Also Reported Down
- where are my files? Apple Music’s Confusing Deletion Of Songs Is One Reason You Should Back Up Your Files
- the power of the little c 4 Ways Copyright Law Actually Controls Your Whole Digital Life