Happy impending holiday! We at Consumerist HQ are taking the next two days off to eat inadvisable things, because fireworks are illegal in the jurisdictions where 75% of our staffers live, and we have to have fun somehow. So “somehow” involves bacon. Anyway, that made us think: what are your favorite summer foods, either at home or for sharing at picnics and other gatherings? Feel free to swap recipes in this open thread, or just discuss anything else that’s on your mind.
July 4th Holiday Open Thread: Foods Of Summer
- why not KFC Bringing Edible Coffee Cups To UK
- big picture Here’s Why The Reddi-Wip Shortage Is Extra Sad
- new in nuggetry McDonald’s Testing Preservative-Free Chicken McNuggets Recipe
- food takes a holiday National Animal Cracker Day & 15 Other Food “Holidays” That Have No Need To Exist
- bye to the dye Kraft Heinz: “Virtually No One Noticed” Mac & Cheese Recipe Change