Loyal customers of some Borders stores in the Northeast and Midwest, rejoice: you may not have to go long without a book superstore once Borders closes. According to bankruptcy court documents filed yesterday, Alabama-based chain Books-A-Million has agreed to take over the leases for 14 Borders outlets, mostly in the Northeast. A previous proposal for BAM (best store acronym ever) to take over 30 Borders leases fell through.
14 Borders Stores To Be Reborn As Books-A-Million
- rip sports authority Sports Authority’s Stores Have Been Sold To A Trio Of Liquidators, All Will Close
- the fall of an industry Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- Another Women's Retailer Bites The Dust Women’s Formalwear Retailer Caché Files For Bankruptcy, Closing Some Stores
- sports authority bankruptcy Sports Authority Almost Had To Shut Down Liquidating Stores, Still Pays Millions In Bonuses
- liquidation trust Here’s Your Last Chance To Do Anything With A RadioShack Gift Card