Loyal customers of some Borders stores in the Northeast and Midwest, rejoice: you may not have to go long without a book superstore once Borders closes. According to bankruptcy court documents filed yesterday, Alabama-based chain Books-A-Million has agreed to take over the leases for 14 Borders outlets, mostly in the Northeast. A previous proposal for BAM (best store acronym ever) to take over 30 Borders leases fell through.
14 Borders Stores To Be Reborn As Books-A-Million
More From Consumerist
- Sports Authority’s Stores Have Been Sold To A Trio Of Liquidators, All Will Close
- Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- Sports Authority Almost Had To Shut Down Liquidating Stores, Still Pays Millions In Bonuses
- Sports Authority Will Liquidate, Sell Some Stores To Competitors
- Your Borders Gift Card Is Now Worthless: This Is Not A Repost From 2011