As usual, parody news site The Onion has managed to produce fake news that tells the truth better than actual facts can. This week’s radio newsflash: not satisfied with charging us fees to receive statements, use tellers, use ATMs, have accounts, and transfer funds, banks will now automatically charge us seventy-flve cents to use the word “bank.” That sentence cost me $1.50.
Banks Impose Surcharge For Using The Word 'Bank'
- And The Survey Says: ATM, Checking Account Overdraft Fees Aren’t Getting Any Cheaper
- Banking Bonanza Banks Are Cashing In With Brand-Name Prepaid Debit Cards
- it ain't over til it's over The Beastie Boys Have Gone Ahead And Countersued GoldieBlox Over “Girls” Parody Ad
- cash race What’s The Fastest Way To Beam 10 Bucks To A Friend?
- the land of the fee Big Banks Don’t Want To Be Transparent About Checking Fees If Little Banks Don’t Have To Be