As usual, parody news site The Onion has managed to produce fake news that tells the truth better than actual facts can. This week’s radio newsflash: not satisfied with charging us fees to receive statements, use tellers, use ATMs, have accounts, and transfer funds, banks will now automatically charge us seventy-flve cents to use the word “bank.” That sentence cost me $1.50.
Banks Impose Surcharge For Using The Word 'Bank'
By Laura Northrup July 14, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- The Good, The Bleh & The Ugly Of State Payroll Cards
- Banks Attract New Customers, New Fee Income With Check-Cashing Services
- The 3 Biggest Banks Extracted $6 Billion In ATM And Overdraft Fees From Us Last Year
- Banks Turned Account Overdraft Fees Into $11.16B In Revenue Last Year