Panera Bread has been trying out a donation-only “pay what you can” model at three locations for the past year, and says that it’s working. The chain says that 60% of people put in the full retail amount in the box, 20% put more in, and 20% put in less. Panera’s founder says it all works because “people are fundamentally good” but I’d like to see how well one of these stores located in an area where greed, theft, and self-interest above all is glamorized — like Wall Street.
Surprisingly, Panera Bread's "Pay What You Can" Model Is Working
By Ben Popken May 18, 2011
- bacon is the new bacon Panera Nixing Artificial Additives In New “Clean Bacon”
- great eggspectations Panera Pledges To Move To Only Cage-Free Eggs By 2020, Wants You To Eat More Plants
- ditching the additives Panera Ditching Additives In Ready-To-Eat Products Sold In Grocery Stores
- keep it secret keep it safe Panera Suing Former IT Exec And His New Employer Papa John’s Over Trade Secrets
- no soup additives for you Panera Says Its Entire Soup Menu Is Now Devoid Of All Artificial Ingredients