Panera Bread has been trying out a donation-only “pay what you can” model at three locations for the past year, and says that it’s working. The chain says that 60% of people put in the full retail amount in the box, 20% put more in, and 20% put in less. Panera’s founder says it all works because “people are fundamentally good” but I’d like to see how well one of these stores located in an area where greed, theft, and self-interest above all is glamorized — like Wall Street.
Surprisingly, Panera Bread's "Pay What You Can" Model Is Working
By Ben Popken May 18, 2011
- bacon is the new bacon Panera Nixing Artificial Additives In New “Clean Bacon”
- i'm rubber and you're glue Panera & Chipotle Are Totally In A Fight Right Now
- extra ingredient Customer Claims Panera Soup Came With A Side Of Razor Blade
- the future of education For-Profit Online University Lets You Spend ThoughtCoins On Way To Job As Digital Gardener
- what's in your gut? Panera Bread Promises To Get Rid Of All Artificial Food Additives By 2016