With Valentine’s around the corner, we’re looking for Consumerist love stories! Inspired by the touching tale of the husband who bought up 38 bottles of his wife’s favorite discontinued conditioner and then secretly refilled her bottle for 9 weeks, we want to hear your true tales of relationship romance, love and heartbreak that revolves around a product or service at its center. It doesn’t have to have happened around Valentine’s Day to count. Remember, what makes it good is the emotion, story and stakes, the product is just the medium or “MacGuffin” for the tale. Sound off in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “I heart love.”
What's Your Best Consumerist Valentine's Day Story?
By Ben Popken February 3, 2011
- heart-shaped food Snuggle Up And Share Some Valentine’s Day Specials And Meal Deals
- love lies Protect Your Heart (And Wallet) From These Valentine’s Day Scams
- it's the thought that counts White Tablecloth & Bottle Of Wine Turned Couple’s Taco Bell Meal Into Valentine’s Love Feast
- who love$ you? Survey: Valentine’s Day Spending Drops After Saying “I Do”
- tying it all together Sex Toy Retailers Stocking Up To Prepare For ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Valentine’s Day Premiere