Living inside an apartment building that has been foreclosed on can become a living hell when the building crumbles into disrepair around you and there’s no landlord to call. Bursting heat pipes, cockroaches, mice, hunks of ceiling falling on you, and black mold seeping up the walls have become the new neighbors to tenants in one low-income apartment building in the Bronx where the landlord has long since checked out.
A Miserable Life Inside A Foreclosed Apartment
By Ben Popken February 2, 2011
- what's in your wallet Landlord Demands Current Tenants Prove They Make At Least $100K To Keep Apartments
- holding pattern NYC Apartment Owner Suing Co-Op Board After 16 Years Of Waiting To Move In
- e-commerce Apartment-Dwellers Shop Online More, Create Nightmare For Complex Staff
- let's get physical NYC Commission: Apartment Building’s Policy Barring Lower-Paying Tenants From Gym May Be Discriminatory
- Blatant Disregard After 25 Years, Chicago Landlords Continue Rampant Illegal Discrimination Against Section 8 Vouchers