J. Crew has sold itself to a buyout firm for $3 billion. Hurrah, the country’s long-term strategic reserves of polo shirts are preserved. Perhaps the new owners can get cracking on fixing the store’s notoriously horrendous website, ordering system, and call center.
J. Crew Sells Itself For $3B
By Ben Popken November 23, 2010
- finding another avenue for sales J. Crew & Nordstrom Enter Into Symbiotic Clothes-Selling Relationship
- runaway bridal J. Crew Decides Trying To Sell Wedding Dresses Wasn’t Such A Great Idea
- Umm What Size Is That? Is J. Crew’s New Size 000 A Reaction To Vanity Sizing, Or Just Really Tiny Clothing?
- Combining Powers Parent Companies Of Lane Bryant, Ann Taylor To Merge Their Closets In $2.2B Deal
- food mashups Oreo Churros Now Exist For Some Reason