J. Crew has sold itself to a buyout firm for $3 billion. Hurrah, the country’s long-term strategic reserves of polo shirts are preserved. Perhaps the new owners can get cracking on fixing the store’s notoriously horrendous website, ordering system, and call center.
J. Crew Sells Itself For $3B
By Ben Popken November 23, 2010
- finding another avenue for sales J. Crew & Nordstrom Enter Into Symbiotic Clothes-Selling Relationship
- off-price stores The Limited Opened A Stealth Chain Of Off-Price Stores
- the year of acquisitions Bass Pro Shops Reels In Cabela’s For $5.5 Billion
- a fighting deal UFC Sells Itself For Record-Breaking $4 Billion
- outlet & company New York & Company Will Turn Some Existing Stores Into Outlets