Lady Bites Into McDonald's Burger Bursting With Maggots

An Iowa woman got more than a mouthful when she bit into a McDonald’s burger. She also got some extra protein, thanks to the maggots crawling around inside it.

The restaurant determined the insects came from inside a pickle container. Their quality control department says a fruit fly somehow got into the pickles, and created a larva, which hatched maggots.

Despite maggots being completely harmless, the restaurant manager said he took the matter “very seriously” and would be working towards a “resolution.”

Report: Maggots found in burger served at Sioux City restaurant [KTIV] (Thanks to Emily!)

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.