Jobless claims went up 19,000 to 479,000 at the end of last month, higher than expected, and the most since April. It signals that as the recovery sputters, employers are continuing to cut payrolls.
Jobless Claims Reach 3 Month High
By Ben Popken August 5, 2010
- nothing to see here Wet Seal Workers Claim Company Shipped Unassembled Boxes Instead Of Clothing
- going out of business sale For-Profit Corinthian Colleges To Sell Off Campuses, Phase Out Programs
- Another For-Profit College Issue DeVry University Accused Of Deceptive Advertising & Misleading Students On Job Prospects
- as expected Wet Seal Announces The Inevitable: It’s Closing 66% Of Its Stores Starting Right Now
- abrupt closings Owner Of Old Country, HomeTown Buffets Closes Restaurants, Files For Bankruptcy