So confident is Lifelock in its $10-$15/month “identity theft protection service” that its CEO Todd Davis posts his social security number in its ads. Unfortunately, his identity has been stolen 13 times since doing so, reports the Phoenix Times. The FTC fined Lifelock $12 million in March for deceptive advertising.
After Posting SS# In Ads, Lifelock CEO's Identity Stolen 13 Times
By Ben Popken May 19, 2010
- protection shmoshmection Identity Theft Company LifeLock Once Again Failed To Actually Keep Identities Protected, Must Pay $100M
- cybercrime fighting duo Symantec Buys LifeLock In $2.3B Marriage Of Online Security, Privacy Services
- Breaking Promises Complaint Alleges LifeLock Violated 2010 FTC Settlement By Continuing To Make False Claims
- lifeshrug Man Uses LifeLock To Track Ex-Wife; Company Didn’t Care
- Scummy Scammers Protect Your Refund: Consumer Advocates Warn Tax Scammers Will Steal Your Identity