Toxic Fumes At McDonald's That Didn't Come From Kitchen

A prank involving some sort of smoke bomb recently sent four employees of a Maryland McDonald’s to the hospital and has authorities on the hunt for suspects.

According to police, around 8 p.m. on Friday night someone left a plastic bottle on one of the tables inside the McD’s. Inside the bottle was what is being referred to as a “chemical reaction bomb” that released smoke and toxic fumes into the building.

Four employees were treated at a local hospital for nausea and sore throat pain.

The fire dept, county hazmat and health departments have since deemed the McDonald’s safe. e also came to investigate.

No arrests have been made yet. If anyone has information regarding the incident, please contact the Maryland State Fire Marshall’s office in Elkton at 410 996 2793.

Toxic Fumes In Fast Food Restaurant []

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.