Bebo is a social network a few rungs down from Facebook, which for all practical purposes means it may as well be someone’s WordPress blog. That’s why AOL is finally admitting it missed the window for social network dominance and will sell it or close it “soon,” according to an internal memo. If you’ve been hanging on to a Bebo account and hoping the tide would turn, you might want to start checking out the other more popular social networks out there.
AOL Plans To Sell Or Shut Down Bebo
By cwalters April 6, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Coming Soon To An AOL Ad Network Near You: All That Data Verizon Collects On Mobile Users
- MySpace Still Exists, Parent Company Sells Social Network’s Remains To Time Inc.
- Report: Apple Working On Video Editing, Sharing App In A Push Towards Social
- Verizon Tops List Of Potential Buyers For Yahoo’s Internet Business
- Twitter Expands Availability Of “Buy Now” Buttons