Bebo is a social network a few rungs down from Facebook, which for all practical purposes means it may as well be someone’s WordPress blog. That’s why AOL is finally admitting it missed the window for social network dominance and will sell it or close it “soon,” according to an internal memo. If you’ve been hanging on to a Bebo account and hoping the tide would turn, you might want to start checking out the other more popular social networks out there.
AOL Plans To Sell Or Shut Down Bebo
By cwalters April 6, 2010
- big data is watching Coming Soon To An AOL Ad Network Near You: All That Data Verizon Collects On Mobile Users
- what privacy Verizon/AOL Merger: Good For Their Business, Bad For Your Privacy
- walled gardens News Sites Consider Moving Their Content Inside Facebook (Because That Worked So Well In The AOL Era)
- remember the '90s? Whatever Happened To GeoCities, Lycos, Netscape & Other Giants Of Web 1.0?
- still kickin' MySpace Still Exists, Parent Company Sells Social Network’s Remains To Time Inc.