Alicia Guastaferro, 18 year-old teen beauty queen, is pretty much crass consumerism made flesh, and the figurative lovechild of Disney and Forever 21. To support her beauty pageant lifestyle, her parents lavish her with $100,000 in clothes every year, do her homework for her, and keep up a Christmas tree year-round and give her a new present every day. But what happens when she goes on Wife Swap, and her new mom is a feminist Quaker preacher? Whoa! Explosions! Tears! Now Alicia is suing ABC for $100 million, contending they framed scenes to “maximize her public embarrassment.” Um, duh, that’s what reality TV is. Or did your parents also watch your television for you as well?
Reality TV "Brat" Sues ABC For $100 Million
By Ben Popken March 25, 2010
- we're taking up a collection Gawker Media Looking For A Buyer Amid Hulk Hogan Legal Battle
- what's in the bucket? $20 Million Lawsuit Accuses KFC Of Misleading Ads For “Family Fill Up” Meals
- gift cards Let’s Review: You Will Never Have To Send $6K In iTunes Gift Cards To The IRS
- the future is soon A Message From The Year 2026 About The Future Of Your TV
- shambling along Dispute May Kill AMC On Small Cable Provider; CEO Hints That Maybe Bundles Are The Real Zombie