I had always assumed that McDonalds’ hamburger hegemony of the United States, if not the world, was complete. I was wrong. Clearly, I need to leave the Northeast more. The above map shows the dominant burger chains in different parts of the United States. The black dots represent the density of McDonald’s, and other colors represent…everyone else.
Strangely Beautiful Map Shows Territory Controlled In The Fast Food Wars
- origin stories Taco Bell’s Founder Originally Intended To Start A Burger Empire
- origin stories How Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s Became One Giant Burger Chain With Two Names
- An End To An Era Longest-Running Pizza Hut Restaurant Set To Close After 55 Years
- fast food nation How McDonald’s Markets To Kids Through Moms & Teachers
- Mascot Massacre Poll: Is McDonald’s New Happy Meal Mascot The Creepiest Fast Food Shill Yet?