I had always assumed that McDonalds’ hamburger hegemony of the United States, if not the world, was complete. I was wrong. Clearly, I need to leave the Northeast more. The above map shows the dominant burger chains in different parts of the United States. The black dots represent the density of McDonald’s, and other colors represent…everyone else.
Strangely Beautiful Map Shows Territory Controlled In The Fast Food Wars
More From Consumerist
- McDonald’s Franchisees Vote In All-Day Breakfast, Will Start October 6
- McDonald’s Moving HQ From Chicago Suburbs To Downtown Neighborhood Filled With Millennials
- Police: Real Life Hamburglar Breaks Into Five Guys, Cooks Himself A Snack
- Critics: Putting Fitness Trackers In McDonald’s Happy Meals Doesn’t Make Them Healthy Meals
- The World’s Largest, Most French Fry-Box-Shaped McDonald’s Is Now Closed