The website AutoMD.com sent mystery shoppers to 600 auto repair shops in 50 different market areas to ask how much it would cost to replace the front brakes on a Ford Focus. They found that on average, repair shops in Memphis were among the most affordable shops tested, and they tended to consistently quote their prices to customers. The worst was the Chicago area, where shops quoted anywhere from $425 to $150, and where every shop tested changed its quote depending on what information the mystery shopper presented.
Chicago Is Worst Place To Get Your Car Repaired, Memphis Is Best
By cwalters February 25, 2010
- fun with insurance quotes Home Renters Pay Up to 47% More For Car Insurance Than Homeowners
- behind the numbers 3 Things We’ve Learned About How Demographics, Credit Scores & Marital Status Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
- grand re-opening Kmart Holds ‘Grand Re-Opening’ For Millennial-Focused Illinois Store
- safe cars save lives NHTSA Taking A Road Trip To Remind Motorists To Fix Recalled Vehicles
- And Just Like That It's Over Icahn Reportedly Wins Pep Boys Bidding Battle For $1B; Bridgestone Leaves Race