The website AutoMD.com sent mystery shoppers to 600 auto repair shops in 50 different market areas to ask how much it would cost to replace the front brakes on a Ford Focus. They found that on average, repair shops in Memphis were among the most affordable shops tested, and they tended to consistently quote their prices to customers. The worst was the Chicago area, where shops quoted anywhere from $425 to $150, and where every shop tested changed its quote depending on what information the mystery shopper presented.
Chicago Is Worst Place To Get Your Car Repaired, Memphis Is Best
By cwalters February 25, 2010
- fun with insurance quotes Home Renters Pay Up to 47% More For Car Insurance Than Homeowners
- car shopping Chinese Luxury Car Buyers Shop The Very Unglamorous Gray Market
- do your research 10 Things You Should Consider Before Paying For Any Retail Membership
- grand re-opening Kmart Holds ‘Grand Re-Opening’ For Millennial-Focused Illinois Store
- with a vengeance Sears Tries Combining DieHard Brand With Auto Centers