Sales of new single-family homes in Jan ’10 fell 11% to 309,000 from 348,000, according to a new Census Bureau report. In Jan ’09 they were 329,000. The prognosticators expected 325,000, so this new data should put a damper on a few markets. [Bloomberg]
New Home Sales Unexpectedly Plummet 11% In Jan
By Ben Popken February 24, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Why Is JCPenney Trying To Be More Like Sears, When So Many Sears Stores Are Closing?
- Owner Of Jos. A. Bank, Men’s Wearhouse Closing 250 Stores This Year
- Why Are Home Depot & TJ Maxx Bringing In Customers Other Retailers Can’t?
- Quirky To File For Bankruptcy: Wink Connected Home Business Already Has A Buyer
- Would-Be Macy’s Burglar Pulls Ploy From ‘Home Alone 2’ Handbook