Sales of new single-family homes in Jan ’10 fell 11% to 309,000 from 348,000, according to a new Census Bureau report. In Jan ’09 they were 329,000. The prognosticators expected 325,000, so this new data should put a damper on a few markets. [Bloomberg]
New Home Sales Unexpectedly Plummet 11% In Jan
By Ben Popken February 24, 2010
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: Mobile Home Sale, Sisterly Support, And Son Leaves The Nest
- everyone's a winner New Hampshire Lottery Offering Bacon-Scented Scratch-Off Tickets
- sales sales sales Why Is JCPenney Trying To Be More Like Sears, When So Many Sears Stores Are Closing?
- close-one-close-three or 250 Owner Of Jos. A. Bank, Men’s Wearhouse Closing 250 Stores This Year
- bucking the retail trend Why Are Home Depot & TJ Maxx Bringing In Customers Other Retailers Can’t?