The US economy expanded 5.7% in the fourth quarter of 2009, making it the second straight quarter of growth, and the fastest in six years. However, it’s important to remember that for 2009 overall, real GDP shrank 2.4%, the largest decrease since 1946. So, it’s a gain for sure, but starting from a very low place and there’s a long way to go. Like jobs. Some jobs would be nice. [Bloomberg]
Economy Grows 5.7%, Still Sucks
By Ben Popken January 29, 2010
- bubble bubble John Oliver, Keegan-Michael Key Explain Why Subprime Car Loans Are So Awful
- fuel surcharges Why Are Gas Prices Falling, But Trash Collection Fuel Surcharges Staying The Same?
- Bad Economy Is Good Business for Adultery Does A Bad Economy Make You More Likely To Cheat On Your Significant Other? Maybe
- the repo man cometh Why Are So Many Recent Car Loan Borrowers Missing Payments?
- get used to it Think Your Commute Is Bad Now? Sorry, It’s Only Supposed To Get Worse