Yesterday a bunch of consumer advocates and anti-trust people held a press conference on Capitol Hill and asked the Department of Justice to block the Ticketmaster-Live Nation merger. If you, too, feel that this spells nothing but trouble for consumers–that a Ticketmaster-Live Nation monopoly would ruin competition and increase ticket prices–then check out the website TicketDisaster.org. From there, you can contact the DOJ to voice your opinion about the proposed merger, read up on reasons why the merger sucks for consumers and for the concert industry, and sign up for updates.
Speak Out Against Ticketmaster-Live Nation Merger At TicketDisaster.org
By cwalters December 17, 2009
- where's my ticket oak? Court Throws Out StubHub’s Lawsuit Against Ticketmaster, Golden State Warriors
- Nope Federal Judge Blocks $54 Billion Anthem/Cigna Merger
- comcast Here’s What Netflix, Dish & Others Said To The FCC About The Comcast/TWC Merger
- hold it right there Justice Dept & 9 States Officially File To Block Anthem/Cigna, Aetna/Humana Mergers
- pretty please Consumer Advocates Urge Justice Dept. To Block Comcast/TWC Merger