You may think that buying an iPhone with AT&T service is an expensive commitment, and you’d be right. But as this chart from BillShrink shows, your total cost of ownership (TCO) for any of the latest smartphones is going to exceed 2 grand over a 24-month period. In fact, the highly-praised new Motorola Droid on Verizon works out to exactly the same TCO as the latest iPhone.
Chart Compares Total Cost Of Ownership For Popular Smartphones
By cwalters October 30, 2009
- Verizon loves the '90s Verizon Will Spend $4.8 Billion To Acquire Yahoo
- the limited unlimited Sprint’s $20 “Unlimited” Plan Is Anything But; Throttles Data After 1GB
- no more contracts AT&T Ditching New 2-Year Contracts On January 8
- fees more hidden than usual Telecom Market You Probably Never Heard Of Costs Consumers & Businesses An Extra $20B Per Year
- bills bills bills Verizon Adds Yet Another Activation Fee For New Wireless Customers Because They Can