You may think that buying an iPhone with AT&T service is an expensive commitment, and you’d be right. But as this chart from BillShrink shows, your total cost of ownership (TCO) for any of the latest smartphones is going to exceed 2 grand over a 24-month period. In fact, the highly-praised new Motorola Droid on Verizon works out to exactly the same TCO as the latest iPhone.
Chart Compares Total Cost Of Ownership For Popular Smartphones
By cwalters October 30, 2009
- carrier subsidies AT&T No Longer Offering 2-Year Contracts On iPhone Through Apple Online Store
- what you see isn't what you get Why AT&T Is Being Sued Over Data Throttling But Verizon Isn’t (Yet)
- the semi-carrier T-Mobile Slashes iPhone 6S Price To $20/Month; Offers Lifetime Coverage Guarantee
- the land of the fee The Only Way To Avoid Paying A Fee For iPhone Upgrade Is To Pay Full Price
- reality check Don’t Believe Comcast… Mobile Broadband Is Not Competition For Cable Internet