Popular electronics retailer Newegg filed for a $175 mil initial public offering today, becoming the 3rd internet darling in recent memory, after Zappos and Mint, to seek a cashout. Let’s hope Newegg doesn’t switch their business model from being entirely beholden to customers to being entirely beholden to shareholders. Otherwise, the customers’ battle cry of “It’s Newegg or nothing!” will be getting a tryout. [Reuters] (Thanks to GitEmSteveDave!) (Photo: Matt & The Camera)
Newegg Files For $175 Mil IPO – Going All Hollywood On Us Now?
By Ben Popken September 28, 2009
- the tax man clicketh Newegg Challenges Alabama Over Collection Of Online Sales Tax
- subscriptions Newegg Wants You To Subscribe To Buy Vitamins And Toner Cartridges
- primed for battle Newegg “Premier” Offers Expedited Shipping For $50/Year
- free shipping Free Shipping Will Be More Expensive This Holiday Season
- Another Way To Pay Walmart Adding Chase Pay As An Online, In-App Payment Option