If you’ve been holding out on a phone upgrade or carrier switch until the Palm Pre comes to Verizon, you may need to give up the dream. The carrier has “reportedly ditched plans to offer the Palm Pre early next year,” says PC World. Apparently poor sales of the device at Sprint, combined with Verizon’s interest in upcoming Blackberry devices, killed any enthusiasm the carrier once had. Update: The no-Pre rumor may be false, according to these two analysts.
No Palm Pre For Verizon Wireless?
By cwalters September 25, 2009
- the land of the fee The Only Way To Avoid Paying A Fee For iPhone Upgrade Is To Pay Full Price
- making new plans Verizon Gets Rid Of Contracts, Cheap Phones (For New Customers Only, Of Course)
- the power of magenta T-Mobile Added More New Customers Than AT&T, Verizon Combined
- not playing along T-Mobile CEO: Apple SIM That Should Let Users Switch Mobile Carriers Is Crippled By Mobile Carriers
- t-mobile T-Mobile’s “Maverick” Pricing May Drop Call On Potential Sprint Merger