If you’ve been holding out on a phone upgrade or carrier switch until the Palm Pre comes to Verizon, you may need to give up the dream. The carrier has “reportedly ditched plans to offer the Palm Pre early next year,” says PC World. Apparently poor sales of the device at Sprint, combined with Verizon’s interest in upcoming Blackberry devices, killed any enthusiasm the carrier once had. Update: The no-Pre rumor may be false, according to these two analysts.
No Palm Pre For Verizon Wireless?
By cwalters September 25, 2009
- join the club AT&T Raises Phone Upgrade And Activation Fee To $20, Matches Verizon
- read the fine print Sprint Promises To Actually Cut Your Bill In Half This Time, Maybe
- fee for all Verizon Will Charge Customers $20 To Upgrade Phones Because They Can
- what's the catch? Verizon Continues To Follow Others, Now Offers To Pay For Customers To Switch
- because that's where the money is Does Comcast Want To Be Your Mobile Phone Carrier? (Probably, Yeah)