National Journal has an interesting article about the intersection of free trade and globalization with increased food safety abroad and at home. Rather than reject shipments of Chinese fish for being raised in disgusting environments, the US should require trading partners to set and enforce their own strict food safety standards and use globalization as a way to promote better standards worldwide, instead of a race to the bottom.
Use Free Trade To Promote Food Safety
By alexchasick May 20, 2009
- more mea culpas Chipotle Takes Out A Full-Page Ad To Continue The Apology Parade
- Looking Toward Safer Roads Rails and Skies Safety Board’s List Of “Most Wanted” Improvements Targets Distracted, Tired Drivers
- ADS Chipotle Shows Off New Food Safety Measures In Effort To Win Back Customers
- lawsuits Chipotle Shareholders Sue Company, Allege Recklessness And Insider Trading
- promises promises Chipotle CEO Promises New Safety Standards Won’t Mean Higher Prices