At Settlers Life Insurance, being shot in the back by unknown assailants is trumped by Hepatitis C, and they won’t pay your benefits. According to the lawsuit filed last week (pdf), Curtis McCraw held a life insurance policy with Settlers Life Insurance at the time of his murder in April 2008. When his wife Stephanie McCraw attempted to claim the Accidental Death Benefit, Settlers denied her claim because her husband had “a pre-existing liver condition.” We knew Hepatitis was bad, but we didn’t know it could pull out a gun and shoot you. We wonder if Hepatitis C is what really killed Kennedy.
Settlers Life Insurance Denies Claim For Widow Of Gunshot Victim Due To Pre-Existing Medical Condition
By cwalters April 22, 2009
- health insurance Walmart Worker Suing Retailer Claiming Its Previous Benefits Policy Discriminated Against Same-Sex Couples
- wealth care 3 Benefits Your Employer-Sponsored Health Care Could Lose After Obamacare Repeal
- how to not suck 15 Things Everyone Needs To Know About Disability Insurance
- gaming the system Patients Say UnitedHealth Illegally Overcharged For Prescription Drugs
- taking it seriously Passenger’s Lawsuit Blames American Airlines For Wife’s Death