It turns out that weird evening bank verification call from AmEx was legit. Brandon wrote back, “After reading all the comments on Consumerist, it stoked my fear of fraud even more, so I called Amex security. They verified the call was legitimate and was from American Express. It was just poor customer service after all.”
By cwalters April 9, 2009
- all for you Costco Says Dumping American Express Was About “Saving Money For Customers”
- no paper here American Express Automatically Switched Me To Paperless Statements; Is That Legal?
- fighting the bad fight American Express To Fight Court Ruling That Would Let Retailers Encourage Use Of Competing Cards
- making the switch Will Costco’s Switch From American Express To Visa Affect My Credit?
- the end of the relationship 3 Things Costco Shoppers Need To Know About Split From American Express