It turns out that weird evening bank verification call from AmEx was legit. Brandon wrote back, “After reading all the comments on Consumerist, it stoked my fear of fraud even more, so I called Amex security. They verified the call was legitimate and was from American Express. It was just poor customer service after all.”
By cwalters April 9, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Will Costco’s Switch From American Express To Visa Affect My Credit?
- AmEx Introduces Prepaid Debit Card With Rewards For Spending
- Costco’s AmEx To Visa Transition Isn’t Going Great For Some Customers
- Citi CEO Determined To Fix Customers’ Complaints About Costco Card Deployment
- San Francisco Sues American Express, Alleging Illegal Restraints On Merchants