It turns out that weird evening bank verification call from AmEx was legit. Brandon wrote back, “After reading all the comments on Consumerist, it stoked my fear of fraud even more, so I called Amex security. They verified the call was legitimate and was from American Express. It was just poor customer service after all.”
By cwalters April 9, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Will Costco’s Switch From American Express To Visa Affect My Credit?
- Costco’s AmEx To Visa Transition Isn’t Going Great For Some Customers
- Groups Call On AmEx, Chase, Citi, Toyota, Others To Stop Forcing Customers To Sign Away Their Legal Rights
- Why Doesn’t AT&T Require Email Verification Before Sending Sensitive Account Information?
- Citi CEO Determined To Fix Customers’ Complaints About Costco Card Deployment