It turns out that weird evening bank verification call from AmEx was legit. Brandon wrote back, “After reading all the comments on Consumerist, it stoked my fear of fraud even more, so I called Amex security. They verified the call was legitimate and was from American Express. It was just poor customer service after all.”
By cwalters April 9, 2009
- fighting the bad fight American Express To Fight Court Ruling That Would Let Retailers Encourage Use Of Competing Cards
- no paper here American Express Automatically Switched Me To Paperless Statements; Is That Legal?
- Where's My Insurance? Costco Credit Card Switch Came With Unexpected Side Effect: Lost Insurance
- all for you Costco Says Dumping American Express Was About “Saving Money For Customers”
- swipe out American Express Loses Antitrust Lawsuit Over Merchant Rules