Freelance Switch has 10 deductions freelancers can take. For instance, if you have a cellphone as a second line and primarily use it for business, deduct it. Work from home? There’s the complex but worth it home-office deduction. The “research” category is very useful, especially for journalists and writers. Just about any piece of entertainment can go in there. Hey, you got to keep in touch with the zeitgeist, right?’
10 Tax Deductions For Freelancers
By Ben Popken February 16, 2009
- the taxman auditeth 5 Things People Do On Tax Returns That Can Lead To IRS Audits
- tax dad sez Ask Tax Dad: Micro-Business, Rental Home, Deadbeat Ex, And Government Shutdown
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: How Do I E-File? What’s A Deduction, Anyway?
- You don't Actually work here Former Freelancer Sues Google For Overtime, Pay Violations
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: Mobile Home Sale, Sisterly Support, And Son Leaves The Nest