Freelance Switch has 10 deductions freelancers can take. For instance, if you have a cellphone as a second line and primarily use it for business, deduct it. Work from home? There’s the complex but worth it home-office deduction. The “research” category is very useful, especially for journalists and writers. Just about any piece of entertainment can go in there. Hey, you got to keep in touch with the zeitgeist, right?’
10 Tax Deductions For Freelancers
By Ben Popken February 16, 2009
- You don't Actually work here Former Freelancer Sues Google For Overtime, Pay Violations
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: Mobile Home Sale, Sisterly Support, And Son Leaves The Nest
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: How Do I E-File? What’s A Deduction, Anyway?
- How To Give The Best To Charity From The Heart Or Wallet: Get The Most Of Your Last-Minute Charitable Donations
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: I Just Can’t Quit Itemizing My Deductions