Regional jeweler Fortunoff has thrown in the towel and filed for bankruptcy today. The retailer cited terrible holiday sales, a “severe liquidity crisis” in January, and the cost of expanding its jewelry line into Lord & Taylor stores as reasons. Fortunoff was brought out of an earlier bankruptcy about a year ago by a private equity firm, but it didn’t take.
Fortunoff Files For Bankruptcy (Again)
By cwalters February 5, 2009
- another retail bankruptcy? Midwest Off-Price Retailer Gordmans May Be In Financial Trouble
- another retail bankruptcy? Gordmans Files For Bankruptcy, Will Liquidate
- another one bites the dust Another Sporting Goods Company Files For Bankruptcy; All Sport Chalet Stores Closing
- internet killed the sporting goods store Midwestern Sporting Goods Chain MC Sports Files For Bankrutpcy, Starts Liquidation Sales
- it ain't over yet Number Of Big Retail Bankruptcies In 2017 Already Equal To All Of Last Year