Regional jeweler Fortunoff has thrown in the towel and filed for bankruptcy today. The retailer cited terrible holiday sales, a “severe liquidity crisis” in January, and the cost of expanding its jewelry line into Lord & Taylor stores as reasons. Fortunoff was brought out of an earlier bankruptcy about a year ago by a private equity firm, but it didn’t take.
Fortunoff Files For Bankruptcy (Again)
By cwalters February 5, 2009
- another one bites the dust Another Sporting Goods Company Files For Bankruptcy; All Sport Chalet Stores Closing
- internet killed the sporting goods store Midwestern Sporting Goods Chain MC Sports Files For Bankrutpcy, Starts Liquidation Sales
- making a comeback Bankrupt Aeropostale In Talks To Sell Company & Keep Brand Alive
- at last Report: RadioShack Preparing To File For Bankruptcy As Soon As Next Month
- another one bites the dust The Limited Files For Bankruptcy, Shutters Online Store (For Now)