Regional jeweler Fortunoff has thrown in the towel and filed for bankruptcy today. The retailer cited terrible holiday sales, a “severe liquidity crisis” in January, and the cost of expanding its jewelry line into Lord & Taylor stores as reasons. Fortunoff was brought out of an earlier bankruptcy about a year ago by a private equity firm, but it didn’t take.
Fortunoff Files For Bankruptcy (Again)
By cwalters February 5, 2009
- another one bites the dust Another Sporting Goods Company Files For Bankruptcy; All Sport Chalet Stores Closing
- making a comeback Bankrupt Aeropostale In Talks To Sell Company & Keep Brand Alive
- the great indoors Report: Parent Company Of Eastern Mountain Sports Also Headed For Bankruptcy
- every debt begins with d Investor Tipsheet Warns Kay Jewelers Parent That More Trouble Could Be Coming
- at last Aeropostale Finally Files For Bankruptcy As Predicted, Will Close 113 U.S. Stores