Save money on heating and cooling bills and save on your 2009 taxes by making energy efficient improvements to your house. EnergyStar.gov has got the lowdown on how you can get tax credits by installing new windows, doors, roofs, insulation, HVAC, and non-solar water heaters. Unfortunately, upgrades made during 2008 are not eligible, but with this info you can get going for this year. For a breakdown of all the tax credits, Consumer Reports Home & Garden blog has a good post.
Save On Taxes And Energy With Efficient Home Improvements
By Ben Popken January 27, 2009
- Keeping Costs Down ‘Tis The Season For High Energy Bills: Tips To Keep Warm And Lower Costs
- Solar Panel Savings? Google Launches Tool That Tells You If Solar Panels Can Save You Money
- how to not suck 10 Ways To Not Suck At Spending Your Tax Refund
- Spring Tax Cleaning What Documents To Keep And Which To Pitch After Tax Season
- something in the air Credentials Used For Target Hack Reportedly Stolen From HVAC Vendor