Save money on heating and cooling bills and save on your 2009 taxes by making energy efficient improvements to your house. EnergyStar.gov has got the lowdown on how you can get tax credits by installing new windows, doors, roofs, insulation, HVAC, and non-solar water heaters. Unfortunately, upgrades made during 2008 are not eligible, but with this info you can get going for this year. For a breakdown of all the tax credits, Consumer Reports Home & Garden blog has a good post.
Save On Taxes And Energy With Efficient Home Improvements
By Ben Popken January 27, 2009
- Solar Panel Savings? Google Launches Tool That Tells You If Solar Panels Can Save You Money
- how to not suck 10 Ways To Not Suck At Spending Your Tax Refund
- Keeping Costs Down ‘Tis The Season For High Energy Bills: Tips To Keep Warm And Lower Costs
- saver's credit Reminder: You Can Still Cut Your 2016 Taxes By Making IRA Contributions
- here comes the sun Why Solar Panels Are Suddenly Sprouting On Everyone’s Roofs