Black Angus filed for bankruptcy yesterday. The recession bodes ill for casual dining; “The debtors’ restaurants primarily are located in some of the areas hardest hit by the mortgage crisis, causing consumers in those markets to cut back on discretionary spending,” said the company in a statement filed with the bankruptcy court. Guess it turns out you can’t feed yourself with home equity after all. [Bloomberg] (Thanks to Ken!) (Photo: bdjsb7)
Black Angus Files For Bankruptcy
By Ben Popken January 16, 2009
- abrupt closings Owner Of Old Country, HomeTown Buffets Closes Restaurants, Files For Bankruptcy
- shutting the doors Fox & Hound, Champps Locations Closing After Owner Files For Bankruptcy
- and another one gone Fast-Casual Chain Cosi Declares Bankruptcy, Shutters 29 Locations
- Brushing Off The Blame General Motors Continues To Claim It Shouldn’t Be Liable For Ignition Switch Lawsuits
- where'd all the restaurants go? Why Are So Many Restaurant Chains Closing Locations, Filing For Bankruptcy?