…but for some reason were never acted on. That “some reason” is probably because their funding and resources were slashed to the core by agents of the anti-regulatory movement. Congrats, fellas, you got the government out of the marketplace and now the market is out of the marketplace as well.
SEC Ignored Warnings On $50 Billion Ponzi Scheme Since 1999
By Ben Popken December 17, 2008
- oversights JPMorgan Chase To Pay $2 Billion For Failing To Notice Madoff Was Giant Scheming Schemer
- let's take a look-see SEC Investigating Beverage Giant Diageo Over Allegations It Artificially Boosted Sales Figures
- caged wisdom Fellow Prisoners Wanted Madoff To Teach Investment Classes
- payback time More Than 25,000 Madoff Victims May Finally Receive Payouts Totaling $4B
- slap on the wrist JPMorgan Chase To Pay $614M In Settlement For Defrauding Federal Agencies